Why I Believe...
Elder and Sister Tefteller gave a presentation at our Friday
Night Out fireside. They are a senior couple in our mission.
He is the Area Medical Advisor. They often times will
substitute at the Visitors' Center and Liberty Jail when needed.
They started the evening by singing a duet for the opening
hymn, "Abide With Me; 'Tis Eventide" First, Sister Tefteller
told stories of her life and how she acquired a strong testimony
of the gospel. She shared a story of when she was a single mom
and was asked to come up and bear her testimony at a Stake
Conference and she ended up getting permission to sing the
hymn, "I Stand All Amazed". Neil A. Maxwell was a visiting
apostle at the conference. After the conference Elder Maxwell
asked her why she was single and she told of her divorce. And
he commended her for her faith. She said, "Oh, you know, I'm
just plugging along." He responded, "No Sister, you are lighting
the way!" She said she would never forget that experience and
it has been a strength to her since then. She then sang, "I Stand
All Amazed", which is one of my favorite hymns! Elder Tefteller
then stood and told experiences in his own life that gave him
the strong testimony he has today. He bore a strong witness
of the Savior and of His doctrine and then closed with playing
the guitar and singing all verses of the hymn,
"A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief". Great meeting!
Here's George and I with Sister and Elder Tefteller. They have
become our very good friends. They are so much fun and so
willing to serve wherever they are needed! She's a great
cook and they love to have a monthly FHE for all the senior
couples and she cooks a wonderful dinner for them each time!
It was a windy, rainy day! I look like it!! LOL!


No comments:
Post a Comment